In House Legal Counsel
Our client is a multi-national, billion pound business with global operations. Their established legal team has seen the scope and volume of their work grow, and as a result they are now looking for additional resource, to take on a varied and interesting role.
Operating in hundreds of countries, and with thousands of employees world wide, their HQ is in the North East, based in attractive out of town offices (though hybrid working with 2 or 3 days a week in the office is the norm).
THE LEGAL COUNSEL ROLE
- The experienced legal team is well regarded in the business and you'll play an integral role.
- You will provide legal advice and expertise to the organization, both to the UK and overseas offices,
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a range of UK and international business contracts and legal issues (which could cover such matters as intellectual property, sale and purchasing, transport, IT, supplier contracts, special projects, compliance advice and even competition/anti-trust issues).
- Your remit might occasionally touch on compliance advice, advising on competition/anti-trust issues, real estate law issues, litigation and management of external counsel in the UK and overseas.
- This is a diverse role with a range of interesting legal matters to get involved in .
THE IDEAL LEGAL COUNSEL
- You will need excellent communication skills, be able to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, and have a flexible and tactful approach to delivering pragmatic commercial legal advice.
- You'll probably have 1-3 years pqe, gained in house or in a law firm.
- Your legal skill set is less important than your mindset and attitude, and if you have experience of commercial, corporate, dispute resolution, restructuring or other business law.
This could be an exceptional role for an individual looking to move in house to a supportive team, offering interesting commercial work and a great opportunity to build your career.
SALARY & BENEFITS FOR THIS IN HOUSE ROLE:
- On offer is an attractive remuneration package including bonus and good pension
- This is a great role in a successful business, and will undoubtedly be of interest to prospective in house counsel looking to progress their career in an interesting and challenging environment.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.