Bolt Burdon Kemp is highly regarded for running compensation claims for seriously injured people. Our solicitors and paralegals handle complex and challenging multi-track work within specialist teams. We pride ourselves on providing a high quality service and for employing talented staff who are serious about developing their careers with us. We are ranked in the leading independent legal directories for our fields of work and are passionate about making Bolt Burdon Kemp the best place to work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our specialist Legal Costs team.
Your duties will include:
- Preparing court bundles.
- Filing documents at court and serving them on opponents.
- Preparing statements of costs and bills of costs.
- Undertaking legal research and presenting findings to the team.
- Communicating with internal teams, barristers and opponents.
- Preparing written submissions justifying legal costs.
- Attending court to assist advocates.
You will ideally:
- have a degree; have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- be hard working with good analytical and organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy workload;
- be comfortable working to deadlines and targets;
- possess excellent IT skills particularly in relation to using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word;
- be a fast learner and have the ability to work with our case management systems.
It would be preferable but not essential to have some:
- relevant experience in costs and / or litigation; knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
In return we will give you the opportunity to excel by providing training, support, supervision and responsibility to match your experience.
Our working environment is demanding, friendly and very flexible.
If you demonstrate drive and commitment and are still pursuing qualifications (solicitor/CILEx/ACL), we will support you in completing them.
It is our policy to select the firm’s trainees from internal applicants only, based on suitability and business needs.
To find out more about working at Bolt Burdon Kemp, visit our website: https://www.boltburdonkemp.co.uk/careers/
If you are interested in the role and would like to join us, please visit our careers page and complete our online application form.
We are not accepting applications from agencies for this role.