Claimant Personal Injury Solicitor - Tier 1 Firm
- CapeClarke Limited
- £50000 - £65000 per annum
- 03 Jan 2023
- 31 Jan 2023
- Stephen Hunt
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Personal Injury
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Claimant personal injury solicitor or CILEX qualified lawyer with minimum 5+ PQE
- Full time role based in Nottingham
- Working in a tier 1 Legal 500 and Chambers Personal Injury department, with a team of specialists, in high value and complex personal injury claims
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Long term prospects
Role and the firm
We have a vacancy for an experienced Claimant personal injury lawyer to join a leading Tier 1 firm. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Personal Injury Department in a specialist law firm with an outstanding reputation in this field.
My client is recognised, both regionally and nationally, for its high-quality personal injury work and absolute commitment to client care. The firm was established over 30 years ago to handle maximum severity and multi track cases, including RTA, EL, and PL, and CICA claims.They are known for its particular focus on traumatic brain and spinal injury litigation.
They are a niche firm with a supportive and cohesive working environment; the personal injury team is inclusive, hardworking and focused on achieving outstanding client outcomes. Their staff are key to the success of the firm and their employees are friendly, empathetic, and supportive.
A positive attitude and dedicated work ethic is key to fitting in with the team. Experience of handling multi track Claimant personal injury litigation and an ability to work proactively is essential. As a successful personal injury lawyer, it is a given that you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work to deadlines and manage a varied caseload. You should be able to work independently as well as working in a sharing team environment.
They strongly believe that an employee-centric ethos and the well being of the team is essential in delivering our objectives.
Requirements of the Role
- Experience managing multi-track claimant caseload from instruction to settlement, in addition to building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Ability to risk assess and provide solutions for clients (including early rehabilitation) and to effectively communicate advice, both in writing and by telephone.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to analyse large volumes of papers.
- Experience in drafting schedule including use of the Ogden Tables
- Detailed understanding of funding options and the ability to explain costs to clients.
- The willingness to help to grow the business by supporting marketing initiatives including social media and networking.
- Client following will be considered but your main role it to assist with current PI workloads.
- Panel membership of the Law Society/APIL is an advantage but not essential.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be mentored and supported by senior lawyers in a niche injury litigation firm. The decision to remain as a small, specialist practice, with high staff retention, means that job opportunities at this firm are rare.