Assistant Company Secretary
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Belfast
- 04 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Orla Jennings
- Job Title
- Company Secretary
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
Hays are delighted to represent a leading global financial institution, recruiting for an Assistant Company Secretary to join their EMEA Senior Managers office in Belfast. This team supports UK Legal Entities with Executive Governance, Programme Management, Regulatory engagement and Risk.
Your new role
The team in Belfast closely partner with the existing Board Company Secretary team, providing cover and ensuring consistency of approach between the board and executive.
You will assist in the following tasks in relation to Committee meetings for the company's UK Legal Entities
- Working closely with Committee Chairs and support arranging the Executive Committee meetings
- Assisting the Committee coordinators in meeting preparation and commissioning papers
- Using Committee workflow tools to prepare meeting papers and managing distribution
- Prepare Committee agendas and drafting Committee Minutes for review, circulating Committee Minutes for review and comment
- Company Secretarial Administrative Duties as appropriate
- Managing meeting dates and calendar
- Assistance in Committee performance, self-assessment & skills evaluations
- Maintenance of key governance documents, ensuring that information from new / updated policies and standards are cascaded appropriately
- Respond to queries from Committee members, governance stakeholders and other functions
- Co-ordination with the Company Secretariat team and other Committee co-ordinators to ensure agenda alignment and forward-looking approach
What you'll need to succeed
Although not essential, you will ideally be a graduate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or a graduate of a relevant Law, Governance, Compliance or Business degree.
You will have the ability to work well under pressure and possess good minute taking and note taking skills.
You will also be comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders and work well as part of a multi-jurisdictional team
What you'll get in return
This role comes with a competitive salary and flexible working with hybrid working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.