Litigation Associate (Top Global Firm)
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Belfast
- 04 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Patrick McDonald
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
We are delighted to be representing a Global, Magic Circle Law Firm, in their search for a Senior Solicitor to join their innovative and growing Litigation team in Belfast.
The Belfast office plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. Belfast is a key part of our client's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by the firm throughout the world.
Your new role
In your new role you will gain exposure to a full range of corporate and commercial disputes, including competition and antitrust litigation, derivatives and structured finance disputes, insolvency and restructuring litigation, class actions, insurance litigation, securities litigation and M&A disputes.
Our client is also at the forefront of emerging disputes driven by sustainability/ESG related issues and those involving data, cyber-security, fintech and digitalisation.
The Litigators work seamlessly in integrated teams with the transactional and advisory colleagues, providing in-depth market expertise and product knowledge that gives clients an edge in disputes and enables us to pre-empt and protect against potential risks to their businesses.
Duties of your new role;
- Assisting clients on contentious regulatory issues, including on regulatory investigations and internal investigation
- Drafting advices
- Advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Working with clients
- Attending client meetings
- Handling client expectations appropriately
- Legal research
- Business development
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified lawyer with 5 year's+ PQE in a commercial litigation or disputes environment, ideally within a large international or City law firm.
- Excellent legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills
- Strong academic credentials
- Detail focused and self-motivated approach
- Well- organised, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills and interpersonal skills
- Business development focused
What you'll get in return
A strong salary, excellent package of benefits and flexible working options are all available for you in your new role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.