Information Standards and Compliance Officer
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Belfast
- 05 Jan 2023
- 02 Feb 2023
- Orla Jennings
- Job Title
- Legal Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to represent a nation-wide, well-established transport company in their search for a Data Protection and Compliance Officer to join their Legal and Governance team. In this excellent opportunity, you will be reporting directly to the Information Manager.
Your new role
This is a great opportunity to work in a small, supportive team in Belfast City Centre. The primary purpose of this role is to develop and promote improved information management practices across the organisation and support the Information Manager to provide a high quality information compliance and governance service.
- Deliver best practice and develop action plans to manage information efficiently and improve current compliance processes
- Research, engage and advise on best practice in the context of information standards and codes of practice
- Present results and make recommendations in the format of reports, presentations as applicable to support decision making
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders and customers across the business, demonstrate consistent support and advice in relation to all Information governance matters
- Policy development, reporting, monitoring and presentations as required
- Provide advice, guidance and training to the business on the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, as and when required as part of our legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Undertake reviews, audits and maturity analysis as directed by the Information Manager to determine compliance and effectiveness against Information Governance standards and principles to include i. Public Records Act 1923 and Disposal of Documents Order, Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR and Open Data
- Incident response to potential and actual data breaches
What you'll need to succeed
A successful candidate for this role will be a self starter, ideally with experience in information governance.
You will have a relevant degree in governance, data protection or law and 2 years' experience in a legal or information governance role.
You will be a team player and have great communication skills with the ability to adapt your approach when presenting to different people.
You will have the ability to take initiative and ownership of your work and have great attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus fantastic benefits including an amazing pension. You will also finish at 2pm every Friday!
You will receive great training and the opportunity for personal development within a truly interesting role where no two days are the same.
You will be joining and dynamic team in a role that will take you right across the business where you will liaise with people at all levels.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.