West Midlands Deputy CoSec opportunity (Flexible Working)
- England, West Midlands, Coventry
- 06 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Ryan Bernarte
- Job Title
- Company Secretary
- Practice Area
- PQE Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
You'll provide legal guidance and support to the business on all elements of company secretarial, corporate governance and corporate reporting matters.
These will include:
- Support Board and Society governance processes to ensure the Society remains compliant with legal requirements and external benchmarks.
- Draft and review Board and Board Committee policies and papers, the Schedule of Matters Reserved, Committee terms of reference, Board minutes and other similar documentation.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to formulate and implement plans for the Society's AGM and preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Oversee corporate governance aspects of the Society's Annual Report & Accounts and AGM, including review and approval of AGM communications.
What will make you successful:
- Legally qualified (or ICSA qualified) with substantial post qualification experience in a role of similar seniority.
- Strong experience and deep knowledge of corporate law and the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Self-driven and able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Experience of working in a complex and busy workplace are essential, with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize conflicting priorities.
- Highly organized person with proven communication skills, who can inspire confidence from senior stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent drafting, research, negotiation, analytical and influencing skills.
- Ideally, you'll have financial services experience and/or experience of working in a regulated environment.