Legal Counsel (Commercial) 3-5+ (FT/PT, Hybrid / Remote)
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- England, Berkshire
- Up to £70000.00 per annum + Very competitive benefits & pension
- 06 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Monique Davis
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Company / Commercial, Corporate, Intellectual Property
- PQE Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new role
In House Legal Counsel 3-5 years PQE+
With a Head Office in Thatcham, Thatcham Research is seeking to appoint an in house Commercial Legal Counsel on a permanent basis, responsible for commercial contracts. This role has arisen due to organic growth and is a brand new and exciting position within the team. You will be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of three years proven post qualification experience. Reporting to and working closely with the General Counsel, you will be part of an integral legal team supporting the wider business.
Thatcham Research is looking for a dedicated, proactive, self-starter with a keen eye for detail. The role requires a hands-on approach, interaction with all departments and employees across the business, including external legal counsel and external customers and suppliers. It is a client facing role that is ever evolving providing you with varied and interesting work.
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts accurately reflecting the commercial requirements (including service/consultancy agreements, statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, contract amendments) with support from internal and external counsel.
* Providing legal advice and support across all our stakeholder groups including insurers, car manufacturers and Government departments
* Managing external counsel relationships
* Drafting, reviewing and updating internal policy and processes from time to time
* Providing general legal advice and advising in relation to updates to laws and regulations
* Working with the business to ensure a positive legal risk and governance culture is promoted
* Providing/facilitating training to colleagues on relevant legal topics
The overall purpose of the role is to provide professional and comprehensive advice overseeing all commercial contracts assisting in all general legal, commercial, data protection, IP, regulatory compliance matters as well as ensuring administration and commercial accuracy of all contracts. Previous commercial / corporate experience would be an advantage.
What you'll need to succeed
* You will be a qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with 3-5+ years PQE
* Proven in-house Commercial / Corporate legal experience gained
* Good all round knowledge of drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts
* Ability to work independently whilst being able to recognise when to escalate important issues
* Commercially minded with the ability to work with sales teams from time to time
* Up to date with legal matters and best practice
* Can explain complex legal matters in layman's terms
* Experience in Data Protection and IP issues would be advantageous
What you'll get in return
Developing our people has been on of the key factors in our success. We invest heavily in people and have a policy of working together. We offer employees scope for progression and there are outstanding opportunities to grow your skills across the wider business.
We occupy a unique position at the nexus of fast emerging changes to automotive mobility including automated, connected and electrified cars, the changing world of insurance and supporting Government in driving meaningful societal change. We are committed to safety and working across industries to encourage the safe adoption of new technology across all types of vehicles., providing advice and support to internal stakeholders on a diverse range of legal matters. This role will provide crucial support as we look to expand our partnerships with the multiple industries that we work with.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Salary: Circa £70,000 plus competitive benefits package, including a 10% non-contributory pension scheme, generous annual leave allowance, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire.
Working: Full Time / Part-Time. Flexible Term-Time. Hybrid / remote.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We are committed to ensuring we have a fair and inclusive recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any point during your recruitment journey. All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
What you need to do now
This is a Hays Legal retained and exclusive opportunity only. If you are interested in this opportunity, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and/or covering letter. If you would like to arrange a time to discuss the role, please contact Monique at hays. All third-party applications will not be considered.
If you're interested in this role.