Edinburgh / Remote working available
Negotiable, depending on experience
You’re a qualified solicitor (England or Scotland), and likely to have at least 5 years PQE. You’re looking for a new role with a broad remit, where you can act as trusted advisor to a leadership team. You’d enjoy the challenge of building a brand new in-house legal function, to support a well-funded Fibre Broadband provider as it achieves significant scale.
You have an excellent understanding of a broad range of key regulatory and contractual principles, including specific experience with public sector contracts. You may have directly relevant experience within the telecoms industry, and have supported telecoms clients in the past. Or you may be able to demonstrate relevant, transferable legal and business expertise gained in another sector.
Above all, you’d thrive meeting the challenges of working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment. You pride yourself on providing clear, pragmatic advice, and proposing practical solutions which make sense commercially and operationally.
With the intellectual agility and flexibility to adapt to constant change and ambiguity, you’re motivated to gain broad expertise navigating the rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in a high growth, technology driven industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Full or part-time hours considered
We’re a small organisation, but we’re responsible for designing and building a significant and highly complex part of the UK’s future infrastructure. We have commercial partnerships with numerous public and private sector organisations, and rely on a global network of highly specialist technology suppliers. Across all aspects of our operation, we have significant responsibilities for the safety of our employees, customers and partners, and manage highly sensitive data and information. We make contractual agreements with a wide base of consumer and business clients, who all rely on the quality of our work to provide a vital service.
This means a hugely diverse portfolio of legal work.
Of course, we don’t expect any one person to be an expert in all of it. A key element of this role lies in deciding when to deliver work in-house, and on using your own judgement to source appropriate external counsel in the most cost and time efficient way.
- Lead drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Own relationships with external legal advisors, monitor and manage usage
- Perform Company Secretary role
- Review, enhance and maintain compliance framework: monitor processes, embed regulatory compliance in business and change programs. Maintain compliance registers and reporting mechanisms
- Work with leadership team to embed a regulatory training program, measure success and adapt to ensure relevance
- Keep up to date with emerging legal and regulatory developments, work with business to guide and help implement changes
- Provide advice on a wide range of topics e.g. regulatory compliance, data privacy, fund raising, M&A, and shareholder communications
- Design and implement the operating framework for an in-house legal function. Maintain a comprehensive record of all contracts and other legal documents, templates and guidance notes
Reports to Chief Financial Officer, no direct reports
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Salary to match experience + a great benefits package which includes:
- Company pension (6% employer contribution)
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Opportunities for remote working where practical.
Based in our stunning Edinburgh City Centre office, just a short walk from Haymarket train station. For this role, you’ll need to be on-site with the team most of the time, with opportunities for remote working where practical.
We're happy to consider full-time or part-time hours, and incorporate a degree of flexibility into either arrangement.
At GoFibre, we’re on a mission to connect hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across Scotland and Northern England with the very best full fibre broadband network. We’ve committed to investing £174 million in our state-of-the-art fibre broadband infrastructure, so we can bring the fastest, most reliable connectivity to communities everywhere
We love that everybody is different, and we believe a diverse workforce will be our strength. We ensure equal opportunity, champion inclusion and we actively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or orientation. Together, we’re all part of the rich GoFibre family and we’re unified by our goals, inspiring our teams to challenge the norm and deliver best-in-class service to our customers, all whilst encouraging and appreciating one another