Dispute Resolution Lawyer - Hybrid
- Buckles Solicitors LLP
- Peterborough, Hybrid Homeworking
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- 09 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Dispute Resolution
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Dispute Resolution Lawyer | Peterborough, Hybrid Homeworking | Competitive Salary
A rare opening within the highly sought-after, prestigious law firm; Buckles Solicitors LLP, for a new Dispute Resolution Lawyer to join their ranks. This attractive role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career in the Dispute Resolution sector, working with and learning from the best.
- With over 200 years of experience, Buckles Solicitors LLP is an award-winning firm, that provides world-class client experience and services on a comprehensive range of legal services to both businesses and individuals in the UK and internationally.
- Delivering effective and cost-efficient legal solutions from our offices based in Cambridge, London, Nottingham, Peterborough, Stamford, Paris and Milan.
- We recognise that all this is possible due to our team of highly dedicated, enthusiastic professionals across our locations. We pride ourselves on providing a positive work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely can make a difference.
- Buckles carries the LawNet Mark of Excellence and is Investor in People Gold accredited.
- Due to growth, we are excited to be recruiting an experienced Dispute Resolution Lawyer to join the team in Peterborough.
As the new Dispute Resolution Lawyer, you will deliver an excellent service to clients and attract new business, working to agreed on Key Performance Indicators and any benchmarking targets.
Responsibilities of a Dispute Resolution Lawyer:
- Work as part of the Dispute Resolution team to deliver on agreed cases and support the wider team as required.
- Manage all aspects of Dispute Resolution including in particular Social Housing, Landlord and Tenant.
- To be familiar with the legislation concerning business and other tenancies, and to stay abreast of changes in the law and procedures.
- Attract work according to the needs of the firm and raise the profile of the firm within the chosen marketplace and conduct oneself in business and personal life in a manner which does not adversely affect the reputation of the firm.
- Take part in departmental meetings, appraisals and any other meetings as required.
- Be seen to deliver and support management, but not exclusively, in the following areas:
- Delivery of individual targets with minimum supervision.
- Projecting the image that the firm wishes to project.
- Identifying and undertaking practice development activity to promote the firm, specifically the planning and construction law reputation, caseload and client base of the firm.
- Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction and building appropriate relationships with clients.
- Adherence to agreed firm standards and quality procedures and management systems including the maintenance of neat and proper files on all matters to meet ISO standards, so that they can easily be picked up and dealt with by other members of the Department together with any other instructions set out by your Head of Department.
- Compliance with financial procedures and accounting rules.
- Undertake and deliver work in a commercially effective manner.
- Delegate and cross-refer work effectively to appropriate personnel.
- Continually develop technical and non-technical skills to meet client and firm requirements and demonstrate continuous improvement in all areas of work.
Skills and experience as Dispute Resolution Lawyer:
- Relevant professional qualifications and industry experience 5 + years PQE Strong legal skills, familiar with standard forms.
- Sound understanding of all Dispute Resolution procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Working knowledge of case management systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong team player with a motivational hands-on approach Uses initiative, organises own time and workload to meet deadlines and prioritises work.
- A measured, rational and commercially focused approach to problem-solving.
- Deals confidently and diplomatically with clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates integrity and congruence when dealing with people.
Reward and development:
Buckles recognise the success of every employee; working with you to ensure you have what you need to maximise your potential and develop your career.
Alongside a host of development, professionally and personally, we offer some fantastic benefits, which include;
- Hybrid working, offering 3 days in the office, and 2 at home
- 25 days annual leave and birthdays off.
- Vouchers for significant life events, from marriage to children (grandparents included!).
- Gym schemes are dependent on location.
- High street discounts.
- Bonus scheme.
- On spot rewards.
- A suite of health and well-being offerings.
- Enhanced pension.
- Buy and sell holiday.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Dispute Resolution Lawyer position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.
We are an equal opportunity and disability-inclusive employer, and value diversity across the firm. We do not discriminate based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or parental or caring status.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please let our team know.