Construction Solicitor - Hybrid
- Buckles Solicitors LLP
- Nottingham, Hybrid Homeworking
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- 09 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Construction Solicitor | Nottingham, Hybrid Homeworking | Competitive Salary
A rare opening within the highly sought-after, prestigious law firm; Buckles Solicitors LLP, for a new Construction Solicitor to join their ranks. This attractive role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career in the Construction sector, working with and learning from the best.
- With over 200 years of experience, Buckles Solicitors LLP is an award-winning firm, that provides world-class client experience and services on a comprehensive range of legal services to both businesses and individuals in the UK and internationally.
- Delivering effective and cost-efficient legal solutions from our offices based in Cambridge, London, Nottingham, Peterborough, Stamford, Paris and Milan.
- We recognise that all this is possible due to our team of highly dedicated, enthusiastic professionals across our locations. We pride ourselves on providing a positive work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely can make a difference.
- Buckles carries the LawNet Mark of Excellence and is Investor in People Gold accredited.
- Due to growth, we are excited to be recruiting an experienced Construction Solicitor to join the team in Nottingham.
As the new Construction & Engineering Solicitor, you will build and develop an existing client portfolio, as well as assist with the ongoing growth of the team. The role provides the opportunity to manage a mixture of contentious and non-contentious, with the focus leaning towards contentious matters.
We are looking for a commercially focused, charismatic individual with excellent business development skills to easily forge client relationships. The role will see you have ample support, as well as the freedom to make the role your own.
This is a very exciting career opportunity for someone with drive and determination, looking to work with a wide variety of clients.
Responsibilities of the new Construction Solicitor:
- Work as part of the Construction & Engineering team on a variety of matters, both in a supporting role and their caseload.
- Support the wider Commercial Dispute Resolution team as required.
- Proactively attract work according to the needs of the firm and be aware always of the need to identify and report business opportunities (not limited solely to your area of legal work).
- Raise the profile of the firm actively within the marketplace and conduct oneself in business and personal life in a manner which does not adversely affect the reputation of the firm.
- Delivery of individual targets with minimal supervision.
- Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction and building appropriate relationships with clients.
- Adherence to agreed quality procedures and management systems.
- Undertake and deliver work in a commercially effective manner. Continually develop technical and non-technical skills to meet client and firm requirements and demonstrate continuous improvement in all areas of work. This could include, for example, taking the lead in preparing monthly e-briefings and developing and delivering seminar and workshop content.
Please note some travel will be required for business development, meetings and training purposes.
Skills and Experience for Construction Solicitor:
- PQE – 1-10 years Relevant professional qualification or relevant industry experience.
- Strong legal skills, familiar with standard form contracts – JCT, NEC, PPC.
- Sound understanding of all stakeholders in construction and engineering projects.
- Extensive experience in all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, adjudication, expert determination and mediation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of case management systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong team player with a motivational hands-on approach. Uses initiative, plans and organises own time and workload to meet deadlines and prioritises work.
- A measured, rational and commercially focused approach to problem-solving. Deals confidently and diplomatically with clients and other stakeholders. Demonstrates integrity and congruence when dealing with people.
Reward and development:
Buckles recognise the success of every employee; working with you to ensure you have what you need to maximise your potential and develop your career.
Alongside a host of development, professionally and personally, we offer some fantastic benefits, which include;
- Hybrid working policy - 2 days at home, 3 days in office.
- 25 days annual leave and birthdays off.
- Vouchers for big life events, from marriage to children (grandparents included!).
- Gym schemes depending on location High street discounts.
- Bonus scheme and on spot rewards.
- Suit of health and well-being offerings Enhanced pension.
- Buy and Sell holiday.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Construction Solicitor position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.
We are an equal opportunity and disability-inclusive employer, and value diversity across the firm. We do not discriminate based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or parental or caring status.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please let our team know.