Residential Property Paralegal
- Michael Page Legal
- England, Merseyside, Liverpool
- £20000 - £24000 per annum
- 09 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5893643
- Maryam Rahman
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Residential Property / Conveyancing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Residential Property Paralegal | Top 100 UK Firm | Liverpool | £20000 - £24000 per annum
A rare opening within a highly sought-after, prestigious law firm for a new Residential Property Paralegal to join their ranks; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career in the Residential Property and Conveyancing sectors, working with and learning from the best.
- Top 100 firm in the UK.
- Global law firm that serves the world's most innovative people and businesses.
- Deeply embedded within their sectors, they work closely together with their clients to crack complex problems, enabling ideas and aspirations to thrive.
- They challenge expectations and create extraordinary results by shaping the conversation in their sectors, enabling their clients to unlock growth, protect innovation and accelerate ambition.
As the new paralegal, you will work principally with partners and associates within the residential and rural team based within the Private Client department.
You may also be asked to assist other fee earners within the wider Private Client department, depending on the requirements of the team.
As the new Residential Property Paralegal, your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with clients/file inception and preparing engagement letters.
- Arranging property searches via SearchFlow website.
- Completing accounts forms.
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-contract reports.
- Drafting TR1s, RX1s and other land registry forms.
- Preparing and submitting land transaction returns online to HMRC.
- Arranging Land Registry pre-completion searches and bankruptcy searches.
- Preparing notices of assignment and charge.
- Dealing with file closing.
- Contacting lenders to obtain redemption figures and dealing with the paperwork to redeem mortgages.
- Reviewing client balances and sending out client balance letters.
- Preparing documentation for sales packs.
- Completing and submitting Land Registry applications as well as overseeing the team's land registry applications as a whole.
- Dealing with land registry requisitions.
- Dealing with research.
- Assisting with plot sales and providing cover on plot sale transactions when lead fee earner is absent.
- Candidates need to be able to coordinate workloads in close liaison with the other fee earners in the team.
- They must demonstrate strong organisational skills, attention to detail, good time management, an energetic and proactive approach and confidence in their ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- They should also have good client-handling skills and be able to quickly establish client relationships over the telephone,
- Previous paralegal experience of at least six months, dealing with property work (ideally residential property) or have completed the LPC,
- 25 days' annual leave
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension - salary sacrifice
- Income protection
- In-house GP service
- Private medical insurance (individual)
- Health assessments
- Dental Insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Flu vaccinations
- Eye tests
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Payroll giving
- Technology loan
- Health cash plan
- Mortgage surgeries
- Interest-free season ticket loan
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Residential Property Paralegal position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.