In House Lawyer (Top Bank)
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Belfast
- 09 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Patrick McDonald
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Civil Liberties
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
We are partnering with a leading bank in Northern Ireland in their search for a capable solicitor to join their established In House Legal Team on a permanent basis. Our client supports agile working with 2 days a week in office 3 days from home.
Your new role
In your new position you'll work as part of the in-house team to provide legal advice and guidance to bank staff, in particular in the areas of financial services regulation, technology and digital initiatives, and new products and services.
Provide advice and guidance concerning legal and regulatory issues to internal stakeholders within the Bank as well as the preparation and perfection of some bank security and other documentation.
Required to assist with general banking matters and commercial issues including security taking and private client matters.
Deliver a quality, timely and cost effective legal service by personally delivering high quality legal advice, research, reporting and recommendations.
Undertake own work on a daily basis with limited supervision required (depending on level of complexity/risk).
Have sound judgement as to when it is appropriate to escalate matters.
Support the General Counsel, Head of Legal Services and other Lawyers by undertaking such tasks as may be required by them.
What you'll need to succeed
- Solicitor or barrister - would suit NQ+ to 3+ years PQE ideally.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Be able to develop and manage strong relationships at all levels.
- Research, investigative and analytical skills at least ONE of the following.
- Track record of of working in an in-house legal team for a retail financial institution.
- Experience of advising on regulatory matters, preferably in relation to retail banking .
- Previous experience of advising on general banking queries.
- Previous experience of advising in relation to technology and digital initiatives for financial institutions.
- Advising on payment services regulations.
- Have experience of working in the banking department of a law firm taking corporate security.
- Advising on consumer credit
What you'll get in return
Competitive market salary and competitive benefits package are all on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.