Sole Legal Counsel
- Michael Page Legal
- England, London
- Benefits and Bonus
- 10 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- JN -122022-5873425
- Karli Stephens
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Compliance, Information Technology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Fantastic opportunity to join a technology business as Sole Legal Counsel in which you will be responsible for leading the legal and compliance function across the UK group of companies and will report directly into the CEO.
My clients are pioneers in the legal technology sector, and have have grown rapidly over the last 5 years in the UK. They pride themselves on producing game-changing technology for law firms and have been instrumental in revolutionising the way conveyancing can be implemented.
The responsibilities with this role include:
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the companies conduct its business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing legal counsel, training and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Implementing a legal compliance program to help ensure the businesses are appropriately educated on the requirements of the internal governance system and applicable GDPR and FCA regulations.
- Review drafts, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements and contracts.
- Review, draft, amend, and proof-reading a wide variety of corporate policies and documents.
Suitable candidates for the role of Commercial Counsel will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Qualified Solicitor in the UK or other similar jurisdiction.
- Proven experience in Commercial Contracts or other relevant transactional work
- 5 years + PQE
For further information about the package on offer for this role, please apply to this advert or contact the instructed agent, Karli Stephens of Michael Page Legal.