Matter Support Paralegal
- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- England, Bristol
- 10 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- Ellie Livingstone
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Matter Support Paralegal | Bristol | International Law Firm | Negotiable Salary
A rare opening within a highly sought-after, prestigious law firm for a new Matter Support Paralegal to join their ranks; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career, working with and learning from the best.
A friendly and approachable international law firm, known for their modern approach and outlook to legal services.
- As the new Matter Support Paralegal, you will be part of a central team providing matter support to a range of legal teams, with an emphasis on insurance work (including Professional and Financial Risks, Construction, Cyber, and Employment.).
- Once you have gained the necessary experience and skills, you will have the opportunity to work within those legal teams on an occasional informal internal placement basis.
- You will have the opportunity to work with talented lawyers and a wide range of clients in a fast-paced environment. Paralegal support is integral to our client, and they are keen to provide an environment where you can develop both your legal and business skills.
- They can offer you experience in a range of practice areas with work coming from various legal teams and subject to business needs, these placements may be up to around 10 months each, with direct associate supervision, giving you a broad paralegal experience and helping to build relationships with people across the whole office.
- You will receive bespoke training with an induction built around regular tasks the team completes.
- You will also have access to a broad curriculum of firm-wide training events, and a buddy to help you settle in.
- This role also offers the opportunity to train and mentor apprentices and new starters to the team once you've mastered elements of the role and are ready to share your knowledge.
- The firm is supportive of qualification through alternative routes and has a funding policy in place to support the costs for SQE2, Equivalent Means and CILEx.
- This role offers the opportunity for quality qualifying work experience and they have seen paralegals in the firm successfully qualify via these routes.
- The team and firm's growth ambitions also provide opportunities for supervisory positions in the future.
What you'll need to succeed:
- To be considered for this role, you must be a law graduate (law degree, GDL or equivalent), ideally with experience in working within a law firm and experience in online document review platforms / other legal technology.
- You will have good academics and excellent communication skills.
- The Legal Practice Course qualification (LPC) or SQE1 / SQE2 or equivalent would be advantageous.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Matter Support Paralegal position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.