- England, Merseyside, Liverpool
- £45000 - £65000 per annum + + benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Dispute Resolution, Education, Employment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Employment Solicitor / Associate - 1-5 PQE - private sector commercial employment work as well as education sector
Employment Solicitor / Associate - Liverpool
Employment Solicitor - Liverpool - This is an established team advising on a blend of high-quality private sector commercial contentious and non-contentious employment work.
Furthermore, this role offers the opportunity to support an experienced Partner who specialises in advising clients on employment matters in the Education Sector.
- Job title: Associate / Senior Associate
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £45,000 - £65,000 (depending on experience)
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Candidates with around 1-5 PQE. Applicants should have sound, proven experience in employment work.
Introduction to opportunity
The successful candidate will work closely with two Partners in the employment team. On the commercial side, work will involve the full range of contentious and non-contentious matters including unfair dismissal, discrimination cases, TUPE as well as significant high-profile Tribunal work. Examples of recent work includes:
- Advising major media client on successful defence of abuse and harassment case;
- successful defence of significant whistleblowing claim in the Employment Tribunal;
- advising on complex restructure and redundancy process involving both collective and individual consultation.
Opportunity to build experience within education sector
As well as advising companies from SMEs to large listed PLCs, the employment team has also developed a key specialism advising institutions and bodies in the education sector. A snapshot of the work involved includes:
- Acting for various multi-academy trusts in entering into recognition and collective agreements with national trade unions;
- Advising a further education college of a full review of all HR policies and procedures
- Advising on a conversion of a school from a local authority school to an academy trust
- Acting for a single academy trust in reviewing and updating its statutory policies;
The team also represents various schools against closure attempts by the Secretary of State. Clients range from state education providers to independent schools and colleges.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in furthering their employment career as well as gaining access to a specialist niche sector. The work is varied, challenging and rewarding. Please don't hesitate to apply to find out more.