- BCL Legal
- England, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
- 11 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Clare Rumble
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Commercial Litigation, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
RETRAIN OPPORTUNITY | BECOME A CONTENTIOUS CONSTRUCTION LAWYER | 1+ PQE | CAMBRIDGE
The Firm & Team
- Award winning employer with supportive working culture and flexible working model, regularly voted one of the best workplaces in the UK.
- Supportive friendly growing team with high profile work. The partner is supportive of welcoming someone into the team who wants to retrain from commercial litigation into contentious construction.
- They would offer training and support for this individual.
The Construction Solicitor role:
- This leading firm is looking for a contentious solicitor to join their commercial construction and energy disputes team.
- As a member of the team, you'll need the ability to assimilate large amounts of information, with a high technical content, and then with the support of others in the team, work out what is critical to success and how you are going to achieve it.
- The role is a varied one as you'll be working across a range of client industries and locations, and with a variety of different people helping them to contain and/or resolve their construction related disputes, which are often high value, factually and technically heavy and complex.
- Areas of work could include:
- providing written opinions and giving oral advice to clients;
- advising clients on pursuing and defending claims brought under standard form contracts and bespoke forms of contract on the issues such as contract formation and interpretation, loss and expense, extension of time/delay claims, defects, payment, design liability and professional negligence;
- representing clients, whether as claimants or defending party in adjudications, arbitrations, litigation and ADR;
- participation in client seminars/presentations/webinars, writing articles/blogs and involvement in client business development activities;
- * assisting with, and contributing to, the strategic direction of the practice and being part of a genuine high-performing team that values the culture of team and teammates
The ideal Construction Solicitor:
- You will be a solicitor with 1+ PQE with experience gained in a City or regional firm.
- You will have a good background in either:
- construction dispute work; or
- commercial litigation and have a strong interest in retraining in construction litigation.
- Good academics - 2 degree or equivalent with good A levels or equivalent
The Benefits of this Construction Lawyer role:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Friendly and welcoming firm culture
- Great platform to progress your career
- Flexible agile working policy
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Clare Rumble at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.