Head of Regulatory Legal - Payments Fintech
- Search Consultancy Limited
- England, London
- 11 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Matthew Rowson
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Please see below the requirements for the Head of Regulatory Position
As Head of Regulatory Legal, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and supporting the companies global expansion, including licence applications, setting up new entities, analysis of related regulatory laws and managing internal/external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the development and execution of the companies regulatory strategy, advising on a wide range of issues and helping the team expand into new markets.
- Preparing all support for licence applications in existing and new markets, supporting the building of good relationships with local regulators.
- Work with and advising the team on product regulatory work - payments, crypto and other regulations.
- Representing the company to external advisors and regulators, advising on the companies regulatory positions.
The Successful Candidate must be:
- A qualified lawyer within the financial regulatory space, having trained in private practice or in-house.
- Minimum 3 years experience within the financial services, Fintech, payments or Cryptocurrency related business.
- Ability to research and analyse regulation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Proactive in approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Able to work coherently with an internationally focused team.
- Experienced working with licenced entities in the U./EU or experience with crypto regulations - a strong interest in Crypto is a plus!
- Scale-up experience is advantageous.
- £120,000-£150,000 basic salary dependent on experience.
- Hybrid/Remote working on offer to suit.
- Training and Development programmes tailored to your needs.
- Full Benefits package on offer.
- Opportunity to travel internationally.
- Growth opportunities available
Interested in this fantastic opportunity? Get in touch with Matthew Rowson at
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.