Company Secretary Assistant
- 12 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Ryan Bernarte
- Job Title
- Company Secretary
- Practice Area
- FMCG / Retail
- PQE Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The provision of company secretarial advice and support within a small Secretariat team and liaising as required with the Group's directors and senior management globally to ensure compliance with listed company requirements, stock exchange regulations, company law and company secretarial practice, corporate governance requirements and assisting on group-wide projects as appropriate.
The Assistant Company Secretary role:
- Providing support to the Deputy Company Secretary / Head of Secretariat on Group Board matters and listed company compliance as required
- Accurate drafting and issuance of routine Stock Exchange announcements,
- Support on the preparation of the Annual Report and Annual General Meeting as required.
- Preparation of annual close period and dividend payment timetables.
- Ensuring new subsidiary directors understand their responsibilities as directors of UK companies.
- Preparation of minutes for UK regulatory compliance and assisting with the preparation of precedent minutes and maintaining statutory registers.
The ideal Company Secretary Assistant:
- Part-qualified / Grad ICSA, with experience of working in the Secretariat of a UK Listed company preferred but not essential.
- Awareness of the UK Companies Act and aspects of the UK Stock Exchange Listing Rules.
- Good inter-personal, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Flexible with the ability to prioritise work from multiple sources and work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills and able to liaise confidently at all levels and act with discretion.
- Willing to take responsibility and drive own personal development