Senior Legal Contracts Manager / Legal Counsel - Remote
- Chadwick Nott (Birmingham)
- England, West Yorkshire
- 13 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Charlotte Williams
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client, a rapidly expanding FCA regulated Insurance business, is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to support the businesses within the group.
The role is predominantly home based with occasional visits to the Head Office in Leeds.
The role will provide support to the Group Chief Operating Officer, Company Secretary, and functional heads in helping ensure that all Group companies comply with the relevant regulation, legislation, and operate within defined risk appetites. The In-house Lawyer will consider consumers in all aspects of all activities undertaken to ensure that they are treated fairly and receive fair outcomes.
- Provide expert advice, support, guidance, and challenge to the business in respect of any legal related queries or projects and drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending documentation.
- Implement and adhere to Service Level Agreements for regular tasks.
- Provide support on various insurance projects, including risk, regulation, and commercial projects.
- Review and report on contracts and other information as part of corporate due diligence exercises.
- Complete forms, pro forma documents, company searches and indexing/sending documentation to data rooms/storage.
- Assist with post completion tasks on legal projects.
- Support the Group legal monitoring and reporting activities
- Risk identification & mitigation across own areas of responsibility
To be considered for this role it is essential that you are a UK qualified solicitor with previous in-house experience gained from working within the financial services / insurance sector. Knowledge and understanding of insurance, principles, products and serviced are key along with strong commercial acumen and broad commercial law expertise.
Competitive salary and attractive benefits package on offer.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.