Partner - Corporate
For Corporate Solicitors operating at Partner level or looking to take the step up, this is a rare opportunity to work with an acclaimed firm, gain exposure to top clients and build a reputation as a leading professional in the Corporate Law practice area.
This Legal 500 firm has developed a distinguished reputation and is one of the premier firms operating in the UK. Their award-winning Corporate team is seeking a Partner (5+ years PQE) to join their vibrant Edinburgh office.
This ambitious firm has a well-founded reputation as a market-leading provider of legal services nationwide.
Numerous Legal 500 practice area rankings clearly demonstrate the expertise this business has cultivated, and it has become a notable source of some of the highest calibre legal talent in the UK. Many of the lawyers at the firm have gained individual recognition, including many Legal 500 rankings and Chambers & Partners accolades.
Partners are known to be friendly, down-to-earth and approachable. They have created a supportive environment where employees are given agency over their work.
Clients range anywhere from families and individuals all the way to FTSE100 goliaths, and exposure to this variety means that solicitors gain unrivalled experience, and are able to become true experts in their chosen field.
Due to the excellent work and support of renowned colleagues, it is not uncommon for staff who stay at the firm to progress quickly through its ranks and gain recognition internally for their efforts.
If you are seeking to develop your expertise in Corporate Law, and take a rewarding step forward in your career, this is a real opportunity to do so.
Working with this Legal 500 recognised Corporate team, you will gain exposure to high-quality work with a diverse range of clients. Dealing with SMEs, FTSE100 companies and entrepreneurs, you will advise on the full range of Corporate activity.
M&A, scale-ups, funding, commercial contracts, equity investments, restructuring; you will have the freedom to manage your own client base and supervise the full life-cycle of corporate transactions.
You will work alongside fellow Partners who have received individual independent recognition as leaders in their field, and as such, this is an unmatched opportunity to learn from some of the best Corporate lawyers in the country and enhance your client base.
As a leader within the firm, you will be expected to help foster a supportive environment for junior staff members and will actively contribute to their training and professional development.
You will also contribute to departmental and firm-wide business development and be active in pursuing business opportunities with new and existing clients.
The successful candidate will be in a strong position to develop market-leading expertise in Corporate and take a significant and exciting step forward in their career.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is an ambitious individual with a minimum of 5 years PQE with extensive experience in Corporate
- First-rate commercial awareness and extensive knowledge of company law and corporate transactions
- Excellent verbal/written communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members alike
- Is highly capable of business development
- Has a proactive, innovative and value-adding mindset
- Is able to manage junior team members and delegate effectively whilst ensuring work is done in a timely and precise manner.
What's on offer
- An opportunity to become a leader at a prestigious firm, enhance your client base and hone a revered reputation in Corporate practice
- Exposure to top-tier clients and high-quality/high-value work
- First-rate career development opportunities
- Excellent salary as determined by experience
- Excellent benefits package
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you, call or email now for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this isn't quite right, reach out to find out about other roles we are currently recruiting for, or to have a general chat about your career and the current legal market.