- Gemini Recruitment
- London (City of), London (Greater)
- £42,000 to £50,000 per annum, Depending on experience
- 16 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Immigration, Private Client
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Role: Immigration Solicitor
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated and experienced Immigration Solicitor for highly sought permanent positon with ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers.
Salary: Competitive. Accountability within a remote working culture is the norm within this business.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Immigration Department Background:
Our client’s Immigration lawyers have an established reputation in acting for high net worth individuals, new and established business men and women, and innovative and skilled individuals under the Tier 1 visa categories. The department has a number of highly skilled lawyers who have trained as barristers, and undertake complex appeal cases up to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
The department offers a wide range of services to European Economic Area (EEA) and non-EEA individuals and families wishing to enter, remain, or settle in the UK.
In addition, our client’s Immigration department is renowned for their extensive experience in Asylum claims and challenging human rights violations for unaccompanied minors and victims of torture, trafficking, and domestic abuse. In these cases, we are committed to assisting no matter the individual client’s circumstance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to Department Director
- Responsible for all aspects of Immigration work including providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage and supervise Caseworkers and Trainee Solicitors to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department
- Variety of duties including dealing with a range of Immigration work including; detained clients; victims of trafficking & torture; asylum work from initial applications through to Tribunal appeal and upper Court appeal matters; entry clearance applications and appeals and some judicial review work
- Preparing and managing funding applications to the Legal Aid Agency,
- Preparing draft documents including witness statements and processing evidence
- Preparing applications to meet Home Office requirements (incl. drafting application forms, index of documents and letters of representations)
- Attending conferences and court
- You will have a professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required
- Registered with the Law Society Immigration Accreditation Level 2 Supervisor
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities involved in Immigration issues
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Immigration work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Immigration related work and some expertise on adoption matters
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.