- Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Belfast
- 16 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Orla Jennings
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
I am currently working with the Pharmaceutical Society for Northern Ireland to recruit for a paralegal, supporting the in-house Fitness to Practice and Regulatory Enforcement team.
Your new role
The purpose of the paralegal role is to provide high quality dedicated paralegal support to the in-house Fitness to Practice and Regulatory Enforcement team and to support the Registrar in fulfilling her statutory obligations. Duties include:
- To work under the supervision of the organisation's legal counsel in the delivery of a high-quality legal service which meets the needs of the PSNI
- Assist with the investigation and decision making of fitness to practice cases, including gathering and reviewing relevant documents, conducting legal research, and preparing case summaries and reports
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of fitness to practice cases in the PSNIs case management system and in line with GDPR and good records management
- To provide legal administrative and paralegal support for the team, as required
- Liaise with and co-work with other departments to assist in the delivery of projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong academic background including a degree in Law (2 as a minimum)
- Ability to work on initiative and take ownership of task in hand - Experience of planning and prioritising own workload to meet tight deadlines and objectives
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritises with the minimum of supervision
- Experience liaising with stakeholders of all levels and can adapt to multidepartment business needs
- Experience drafting and compiling correspondence of a sensitive and complex nature
- A proactive, positive attitude, and be a good team player
- Ability to manage caseload and case management system to achieve KPIs
- Preparation of bundles for Scrutiny and Statutory Hearings
- Ability to assimilate voluminous amounts of information
- Sound balanced decision making
- Experience in a regulatory / fitness to practice legal environment
What you'll get in return
This paralegal position comes with a great salary, offering up to £28k for the right candidate.
You will have opportunity to work as a paralegal within a dynamic legal team with exposure across multiple departments.
- You will also work directly under the organisation's inhouse barrister and have the opportunity to build on your responsibility and experience
- This organisation boasts a supportive, tightknit team with low turnover
- Hybrid working policy scheme after 6 months in role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this paralegal role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.