Legal Counsel - Renewables, commercial services, procurement
- Michael Page Legal
- England, London
- 30-60% bonus plus benefits
- 16 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5903112
- David Taylor
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is a mid-level in house Legal Counsel role covering renewable energy, commercial services, procurement for a listed Utilities provider and UK household name.
Our Client is a listed Utilities provider and UK Household name
Reporting directly to the General Counsel the main purpose of this role is the provision legal support to senior management of the business unit relating to renewable energy, commercial services, procurement (including engaging external legal support as needed).
The post-holder will:
- be a reliable point of contact for senior management including CEO, CFO and other directors and consider legal aspects of business operations - proactive approach identifying legal concerns in advance and providing solutions.
- assisting in preparation, determination of strategic decisions relating to third party negotiations and acting in the best interests of the business.
- review and negotiate supply contracts, services contracts, works contracts (particular focus on procurement and renewable energy)
- engage with and manage external legal counsel on energy deals, procurement terms and engage internally with the business' tax, market pricing, insurance, finance, energy, procurement teams.
- will interact and work with the wider Plc as a related party and engaging with processes, approach, contract negotiations and delivery.
The successful candidate will be a UK (or equivalent Common Law jurisdiction) Qualified Lawyer. They will be likely to have at least 6 years of Post Qualification Experience gained in Private Practice within a law firm which is Chambers Ranked for commercial/procurement work or alternatively in house within a respected in house legal team.
Energy and Renewables experience will be looked upon favourably but is not essential.
Competitive salary, 30-60% bonus and benefits.
For further details, please apply to the advert or contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.