Legal Services Manager - Property Transactions
- Michael Page Legal
- England, London
- bonus and benefits
- 16 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5903089
- David Taylor
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Residential Property / Conveyancing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This Legal Services Manager is a position for a qualified lawyer or experienced conveyancer with Residential Property expertise and experience of managing a team / high volume case loads.
Our client is a market leader in Residential Real Estate Asset Management.
DescriptionThis is a management position within the non-contentious property transactions team of this business, focusing on the efficient delivery and management of high volumes of standardised legal transactions.Key accountabilities:
- Managing, supervising, and appropriately allocating incoming work to a team of 8 junior team members to ensure that cases are progressed accurately and in a timely manner. Supervision and management of junior team members and maintaining a motivated and positive environment is a key part of this role.
- Setting targets for the delivery and completion of transactions by the team, meeting those targets and preparing reports to the business, developing reporting methods as required.
- Supporting team members with non-standard queries, calls, complaints, and internal and external requests, escalating to senior team members as required. 4. Serving as point of contact for delivery of volume legal services between team members and senior operational team members and senior management
- Ensuring the team is dealing with matters in line with the company's objectives.
- Dealing with day-to-day team management such as attendance and any disciplinary issues in line with the company's policies and procedures. Performing appropriate team members' appraisals and probationary reviews.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the standardised legal transactions process and improving processes, in liaison with senior team members, on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support and assistance to senior team members as necessary and liaising with external solicitors as required.
- Assisting with implementing and rolling out new processes because of business or legislative requirements.
ProfileThe successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer or conveyancer with at least 5 years post qualification experience in residential conveyancing and non-contentious property work. They will have demonstrable experience of managing a legal team.They will have a solid understanding of conveyancing procedures and relevant property law and the ability to understand and explain legal technicalities and processes, as well as the ability to:
- prioritise changing workloads and multitask in a high-volume environment, keeping long and medium-term goals in mind.
- supervise and manage junior members of the team as well as the ability to work within large and small teams (often in a cross-disciplinary environment), productively and cooperatively, and willing to take on new responsibilities as required within the team environment.
Salary, bonus and benefits.
For further details about the package on offer for this role, please contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.