Senior Family Solicitor - Consultancy
- Optimal Recruitment Solutions LTD
- Homeworking or Leeds or Portsmouth
- Consultancy based billing
- 17 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Family / Matrimonial
- PQE Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client is a firm of specialist solicitors, who pride themselves on being approachable and friendly and getting the right result. They empower clients to make decisions in their cases with the knowledge and understanding they need. The firm has been recently bought out and is now expanding into new areas of legal services bringing the top lawyers together from across the country.
We are now supporting their search for a new Senior Family Solicitor to support their growth within the Family & Child Care Department.
This is a consultancy opportunity with the right candidate able to take home a significant portion of their monthly billing and develop a strong team around them. Candidates must have a following and strong business development skills.
You are likely to be a partner or an ambitious experienced lawyer with partnership aspirations, you need to be self-motivated with the drive and ability to lead and develop a small team whilst maintaining your own caseload.
Department: Family Team
Location: Can be based in Portsmouth, Leeds, or on a work-from-home basis.
- You will need to be a qualified solicitor
- Have experience in family and child care work
- Have excellent knowledge of the public funding system and LAA procedures
- Have strong experience advising on all matters of privately funded matrimonial matters including divorce, pre and post nuptial agreements, co-habitation agreements and distribution of assets
- Be able to undertake their own advocacy
- Have a current following of their own
- Have a strong desire to build a team and a high performing function
- Be technically competent
- Have excellent client care skills and the ability to manage client’s expectations
- Be proactive with good interpersonal skills
- Be able to build a strong Family Team
- You will need a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and other regulatory requirements
- Have proven track record of providing proactive, consistent and efficient client services
- At least five years’ experience of working within a busy team
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and department targets
- Ability to provide the highest standard of client care
- To have excellent written and verbal communication
- Team management experience
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
We also have some great benefits.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fully flexible remote working environment
- Company pension
- Growing and developing environment which is truly different to the legal norm
To start the ball rolling click on apply, let’s have a conversation, in confidence, at a time to suit you.