Commercial (Public Sector) Principal Associate
- JMC Legal
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- £65000 - £75000 per annum
- 17 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Joey Medway
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Public Sector / Local Authority
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you an experienced commercial lawyer with a keen interest in building upon your public sector abilities? Join this Top 50 Firm and manage an array of commercial matters for public bodies & local authorities, with a clear pathway to progress towards partnership.
Homing offices all across the UK, this Top 50 firm are widely recognised as a leading national player. Their superior reputation is regularly acknowledged by the Legal 500, ranking highly across numerous practice areas in the North West and Yorkshire.
Yet, it's their investment in employees which set this firm apart from the rest. With a unique growth plan in place, this firm are experts at nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels. The sheer number of home-grown partners across the offices provides insight into the success that their investment plays, secured by achieving 'Leading Legal Employer' status in the recent annual awards event.
This investment has provided for the resources and infrastructure to deal with a diverse and complex range of legal needs. The client base, as a result, is reflective of this stature. You will be representing a wide range of clients, from national household names to public bodies, making for a challenging yet rewarding working lifestyle.
- This is a standout opportunity for a Commercial Principal Associate to join the firm's dynamic office in Leeds, with hybrid working in place
- The Commercial team are widely regarded for their specialist knowledge in public sector services, acting for local governments, police & fire authorities, universities and NHS bodies
- To align with this, you will manage a diverse caseload covering all aspects of public sector-related matters, including procurement law matters, commercial contracts, major projects (infrastructure & IT), grant funding agreements and alternative delivery models for public bodies
- As a Principal Associate, you will also support the more junior members of the team and liaise with other seniors regarding the development of the department
- In return, you can expect to receive genuine investment from the firm with a clear pathway to progress towards partnership
The Ideal Candidate:
- An experienced Commercial Solicitor with 5 to 9 years PQE
- Clear understanding of relevant legal issues
- Highly meticulous & commercially focused
- Highly competitive salary & benefits package
- Flexible working
This is an enriching opportunity for a Commercial Principal Associate to join the firm's vibrant office in Leeds.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.