AVP - Financial Crime Auditor
- CLARC Recruitment
- England, London
- 18 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Darren Ruskin
- Job Title
- Risk and Compliance
- Practice Area
- Banking, Capital Markets, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A large international bank with a global presence are looking to recruit within their Financial Crime team for an Financial Crime Auditor at AVP Level to focus on the processes relating to financial crime and especially AML/CTF and sanctions activity
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of the Bank's control environment and form an opinion as to how effectively the business is managing risk.
- Lead audit assignments across the Bank in accordance with the annual audit plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, develop recommendations and agree actions to strengthen controls and improve the quality of controls existing areas of specialism but also develop new areas such as corporate lending, trade related business, and financial markets activity to support the wider team
- Produce an audit programme for agreement with team head/ audit management and then execute the programme in accordance with procedures, communicating audit issues and findings to the auditee and developing recommendations and agreeing actions to address the control weaknesses identified
- Undertake or manage any other relevant work, such as investigations, reviews and control verification activity.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit Department and Team Head in carrying out any other relevant work.
- Relevant professional qualifications (IIA, ACA, ACCA, CAMS, CFE)
- UK Financial Services experience with financial crime experience obtained either working in the second or third lines of defence
- Background in Internal Audit or financial crime audits/ assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The CLARC Guarantee - we 100% guarantee that your CV will never be sent to a client without your prior expressed permission so all of your details are totally secure with us. Please note due to the volume of applications we sadly cannot reply to every application we receive and only successful applications will be contacted, however your details will be registered for consideration for more suitable opportunities as we get them.