Senior Risk & Compliance Lawyer
- Jameson Legal.
- England, London, City of London
- £85000 - £95000 per annum
- 19 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Jameson Legal
- Job Title
- Professional Support Lawyer
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client is a City firm with a difference. It combines the drive to make a profit with a genuine social purpose. They strive to have a positive impact on clients, employees, the environment, and society. This genuine social conscience makes the firm unique and provides opportunities to work with a diverse collection of exceptional clients, ranging from multinational corporations to notable charities and social enterprises. As a value-driven firm, a commitment to this ethos would be highly regarded.
The firm is now looking for a Senior Risk & Compliance lawyer to report to the firm's Director of Risk & Compliance, and manage the firm's corporate governance matters. As part of your role, you will advise and assist on partnership matters, on a wide range of regulatory matters, data protection, and on contract law issues. You'll take the lead in maintaining a robust risk management and audit framework for the firm.
This role requires a lawyer who is commercially aware and has strong technical skills, as well as the ability to innovate and provide effective and pragmatic solutions within the firm's risk appetite. You need to be forward thinking, proactive, solutions-focused and a collaborative team-player. In this senior role, you will work directly with colleagues from across the firm in the course of your day-to-day work and on cross-departmental projects. The Risk & Compliance team, of which you will be a key member, provides advice to everyone in the firm on professional standards, regulatory compliance, continuous improvement, corporate governance, and risk management.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained at least 8 years' PQE;
- Ideally, you'll have strong experience within a similar role or in another similarly regulated environment;
- Experience working within a Partnership is essential, as is the ability to work collaboratively within your team, across the firm and with external stakeholders, by building strong working relationships;
- A passion for learning, developing and sharing your knowledge with others;
- Well-developed analytical, listening and questioning techniques. In this role it's important to listen and to be inquisitive, and you'll be encouraged to ask questions and test assumptions. You'll also need to be methodical and understand the importance of leaving an audit trail of activities;
- A solutions-focused and client-centric approach;
- The ability to proactively manage your workload and work under your own initiative without the need for day-to-day direct oversight, and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a collaborative, supportive, friendly team;
- A desire to make a difference and genuine interest in the work you do for your clients; and
- Excellent technical skills, and top-tier written and verbal communication skills.
The firm offers plenty of flexibility, a generous salary and benefits package, and a hybrid working environment.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles we are handling, please contact David von Dadelszen.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit