Sole Counsel/ Company Secretary
- BCL Legal In House
- England, Lancashire, Ormskirk
- £90000 - £120000 per annum
- 19 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, Corporate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you ready to move to the No1 spot?
If you read the below and don't feel you tick all the boxes - that's OK! Support will be put in place to help you grow into a role that will see you be a Lawyer and Company Secretary for a listed business, This is not readily available in the NW so if interested please apply.
UK consumer business selling primarily online is looking for a sole counsel to join the business focusing on commercial legal matters and company secretary requirements.
This is an opportunity to join a highly successful business as it grows further and 'matures'.
This role will suit a commercially focussed lawyer but one that understands that competing issues will be at play in a growth organisation and therefore there will be lots of plates to spin and priorities are likely to change day to day.
If this sounds like the kind of role that would fit your personality, skills and aspirations then it really is quite a unique proposition in the North West market.
The role in the main will be foccused on:
- Legal: Providing comprehensive strategic legal advice on a wide range of commercial, contractual and corporate legal issues including potential M&A transactions You will also manage the company's relationships with its external legal advisers.
- Company Secretarial: A wide range of work including facilitating and attending all Board and Committee meetings, shareholder communication; production of the annual report and fulfilling all stock exchange obligations;
- Governance: Implementation of compliance and risk programmes that will ensure the company complies with all its legal and regulatory obligations including the UK Corporate Governance Code, the Listing Rules and other regulations;
- ESG: including assistance with development of and management of Board responsibilities;
- Whether currently working in-house or in private practice what is of prime importance is that you are able to convey pragmatism, real commercial and business acumen.
The successful candidate must be a motivated individual, capable of dealing with a strong management culture and able to turn their hands to a wide variety of matters.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong commercial, corporate law or company secretarial background and be used to working at a senior level in a hands-on, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Location: Based North of Warrington and office time is expected to be 2-3 days a week.
This role is offered on a 4 or 5 day working week.