European In house Counsel
- Origin Legal
- £150,000 + Full Benefits + Car
- 19 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Company / Commercial
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Legal Counsel Europe
Our Global client is a high-growth, world-leading provider of studio facilities to the film and television production industry worldwide.
This a newly created role within the business, ideal for a motivated and experienced lawyer as part of the European leadership team. Whilst well supported by a team of external lawyers, the successful candidate will work autonomously and report directly to the Group Head of Legal & VP Business Affairs.
This role requires the provision of commercially focused legal advice on a variety of legal issues primarily arising in the UK but increasingly in Europe, primarily in general commercial law, including drafting and negotiating a wide range of business-to-business commercial contracts.
The candidate will also lead on company acquisitions in Europe.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Lead and develop the legal function in Europe, providing strategic legal advice on all operational issues, covering commercial, compliance and governance, litigation, property, and corporate legal matters.
• Develop and train a team of legal experts that can provide sound advice across the company’s operations (whether in-house or externally).
• Assist with moving into new markets in countries with different laws and regulations.
• Serve as the legal point of contact for all internal and external customers on legal matters.
• Devise an efficient and best-in-class system of matter and contract management.
• Draft, review and negotiate terms and conditions relating to the provision of equipment and studio rental MBS’s terms and conditions to ensure products and services are offered to customers with appropriate, legally compliant competitive terms and conditions.
• Draft, review and negotiate general non-sales contracts such as: NDAs; consultancy agreements and collaboration agreements.
• Ensure appropriate legal support on all non-standard strategic agreements (in-house or via external counsel).
• Liaise with Group Legal as appropriate in connection with any of the above.
• Work with the finance team to evaluate and analyse the current compliance position and risk management techniques and procedures.
• With the support of Group Legal, advise on matters pertaining to compliance and governance
• Managing drafting, evaluation & negotiation through to execution business asset and/or share purchase agreements.
• Working with the finance team, manage legal entities to ensure their compliance with applicable laws and changes required to maintain the same, supporting group projects such as restructuring, reorganisations, financing transactions and investment.
• Provide ad hoc strategic advice to the internal HR Team in relation to employment law, employment related litigation and mediation issues, and transactional matters e.g. TUPE.
• Senior Legal or General Counsel or Senior Associate level with minimum 6 - 10 years PQE
experience from major brands or top-tier law firms.
• Have a broad understanding of all aspects of commercial law and solid international experience.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, proven ability to manage a team, external counsel, and internal clients.
• Strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with problems in a pragmatic and logical way.
• Have excellent negotiation skills, good attention to detail and proven drafting ability.
• Ability to lead, take responsibility and act autonomously including an ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments.
• Skilled to work in highly competitive sectors and a fast-changing environment.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Experience of home entertainment and construction industry is desirable but not essential
Origin Legal is handling a number of In In House Counsel vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.