Insurance Counsel - 12 month FTC
- Michael Page Legal
- England, London
- £90000 - £100000 per annum
- 19 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- JN -102022-5800014
- Tatum Colclough
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Dispute Resolution, Insurance, Reinsurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This role can be highly flexible in terms of home-working but ability to get into London or Bristol Office would be helpful
Great Insurance business with global footprint and excellent reputation in the market.
- To provide advice on legal issues affecting the insurance business and to provide solutions which enable the business to operate lawfully.
- As appropriate, to draft and review contractual obligations and claims related work in order to meet business objectives.
- To advise on all matters pertaining to the insurance business including (but not limited to) annuities, reinsurance, group protection and equity release mortgages.
- To lead project work, which might involve bulk purchase annuities, regulatory projects or reinsurance treaties.
You will be an experienced lawyer with good Insurance, claims, re-insurance knowledge.
You might come from a contentious legal background or might already be working in-house in a similar role
You will be friendly and have the ability to build strong relationships
You will be an insurance law subject expert and be able to draft commercial agreements related to Insurance business, advise on regulatory changes to Insurance sector and deal with Insurance claims.
Competitive Salary Banding and Outstanding and industry leading benefits package
Excellent Flexibility to work from home and good work life balance