- LHH Recruitment Solutions
- England, Hampshire, Farnborough
- £70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
- 20 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- JN -122022-296685
- Ben Fryer
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- PQE Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
I am currently working with an international services company that works with some of the world's most recognisable brands in sectors such as food, property management and facility management services. The organisation is looking for a Legal Counsel with strong commercial contracts skills to join their legal team based in Farnborough. The role, which reports into the Legal Director, will provide a varied experience with engagement with senior stakeholders within the organisation including board level.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of complex client contracts, master service agreements, concession agreements, framework contracts, IT agreements, franchise agreements across the lines of business.
- Reviewing tenders and advising the business on the contractual and commercial risks of new business opportunities.
- Providing strategic legal advice to assist in the delivery of the company's commercial objectives.
- Ensuring that legal risk is managed and that the business complies with both internal and group governance requirements.
- Implementation of and training to business areas on the contracts administration policy throughout the contract lifecycle from tender stage to negotiation, agreement, amendment and termination.
- Assisting the company secretary on general corporate governance matters applicable to UK company law.
- UK-qualified solicitor with 3 years PQE.
- Demonstrated experience in advising & negotiating complex commercial contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, optimistic in outlook, articulate and confidence and passion to build effective working relationships and partner with the business.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active and commercial approach in identifying solutions and mitigating risk in a manner which supports business objectives.
- Strong drafting, communication and organisational skills.
- Efficient and engaged work ethic, resilience and agility to manage time and prioritise workload according to changing business needs.
- In-house experience would be beneficial but is not essential.