Early Careers Advisor
- Larbey Evans Ltd
- Up to £55,000 + Benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Human Resources
- Practice Area
- Aviation, Banking, Capital Markets
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client is a prestigious City law firm - they are now looking to recruit an Early Careers Advisor to join their lovely HR team in London.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a close-knit, friendly and supportive team of HR and Recruitment professionals.
As an Early Careers Advisor you will be tasked with the coordination and implementation of their apprenticeship and graduate recruitment programmes, taking a 360 approach from attraction and selection through to induction, on-boarding and L&D initiatives across the life cycle of early careers within the firm.
The standard hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm. The salary on offer is up to £55,000 + Benefits. This role is a maternity cover position, and the client are currently using a hybrid working approach (3 days in the office, 2 from home).
This is a great Early Careers Advisor opportunity!
Responsibilities as an Early Careers Advisor include -
Ownership of the Solicitor Apprenticeship and Trainee Recruitment and Selection Programmes:
o Coordinate the recruitment and selection process
o Organise, attend and facilitate the firm’s vacation scheme
o Manage the online applicant tracking system
o Manage relationships with external legal publications
o Take ownership of early careers social media campaigns
Solicitor Apprenticeship and Trainee Development:
o Serve as a first point of contact for current and future cohorts of apprentices and trainees
o Integral role in seat rotations and qualification processes
o Facilitate the appraisal process including mid and end of seat reviews for trainees
o Facilitate monthly progress meetings and quarterly reviews for apprentices
o Ensure regular liaison with partnered universities
o Managing the newly qualified process
o Ensure the early careers website is kept up to date
Requirements as an Early Careers Advisor include -
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within early careers, ideally within a Law firm but other Professional Services will also be considered
- A passion for and demonstrable experience in creating / transforming / implementing early careers programmes in both the apprentice and graduate space
- Solid understanding of the impact and effects of the SQE on the legal industry
- A passion for and demonstrable experience in direct sourcing
- Highly accurate and with a keen attention to detail in all areas of work
- Excellent planning and organisational skills