- LHH Recruitment Solutions
- England, East Sussex, Brighton
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- 20 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- JN -022022-238046
- Ben Fryer
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Contract Type
- Full Time
In-House Legal Counsel | FTSE 250 Professional Services Provider | Brighton | £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
A rare opening within a highly sought-after FTSE 250 professional services provider for a new Legal Counsel to join their ranks; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career, working with and learning from the best.
Join an FTSE 250 professional services provider with a central focus on IT that works with over 130 clients across a variety of sectors.
The organisation has seen exponential growth in recent years and has established itself as one of the fastest-growing in Europe.
The organisation is recruiting a Legal Counsel to support the growing business operations across the UK and Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements; providing advice to relevant stakeholders as to the risks associated with various contractual provisions.
- Providing advice on data protection and privacy matters and working with other departments on compliance.
- Research applicable legal issues affecting the company in both the UK and Europe and provide advice to managers and directors.
- Preparing training materials and supporting the provision of training sessions as required to internal employee groups to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, including Managers and Directors, on relevant issues.
- UK Qualified solicitor with 4+ years PQE
- Ideally, you will have proven legal experience with commercial contracts and data protection and privacy law, but DP and privacy experience are not essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Business acumen, determination and go-getter attitude. You must be commercially aware with the ability to make the right decisions for the company taking into account both legal and commercial factors.
- Whilst not essential, previous experience working in an in-house environment and/or experience in providing legal advice to European businesses is desirable.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this In-House Legal Counsel position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.