Agricultural Property Associate | 5 + PQE | Cambridge
- BCL Legal
- England, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- 20 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Clare Rumble
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Agricultural Property Associate | 5 + PQE | National Firm | Cambridge
A Times Best Law firm, ranked among the UK Top 70 with offices across the UK. With over 800 lawyers and 150 partners, this firm is expanding significantly and offers excellent career development opportunities.
One of the largest agricultural teams in the country with specialist lawyers acting on cutting edge agricultural legal matters.
The team act for clients dealing with all aspects of farms and Estate management; property sales and purchases, tax and succession planning, and dispute resolution.
They also act for some of the largest landowners in the country, 4 being within the top 50 landowners in the UK.
They are leading the way putting in place agreements to implement multi landowner schemes under ELMS, and to unlock Biodiversity Net Gain.
The team works deals with renewable energy schemes and strategic land sales with values in excess of £100m.
They are looking for a person with a passion for the agricultural industry to take a key role to play a key role in the Cambridge team. You will be supported to develop your career, whilst also supervising more junior members of staff.
The candidate will ideally have worked in rural property previously and with some experience of succession planning and/or partnerships. However, applications from candidates with mixed property experience are welcomed, provided they have a desire to work in agricultural property law.
* 5+ PQE
* Ideally agricultural property experience or a desire to specialise
* Able to work collaboratively with colleagues and successfully manage client relationships
* Excellent technical ability and drafting skills
* Can demonstrate teamwork and relationship building skills
* Strong commercial acumen
* Proactive, ambitious and organised with a keen eye for detail
* 2/3 hybrid working pattern (office/home)
* Billable hours of 1200 a year
* Supportive and friendly team
* Excellent quality work
* Pension Scheme
* 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
* Benefits portal
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Life Assurance
* 1/3 gym membership contribution
* Flu vaccinations
If you are interested in this role, please "APPLY" for further details or contact Clare Rumble at BCL Legal.