Senior Litigation Legal Assistant
- Law Absolute Limited
- London (Greater)
- £18.00 - £25.00 per hour
- 20 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Housing, Public Sector / Local Authority
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A local authority based in London is seeking a Senior Litigation Legal Assistant for an initial period of three months.
The Senior Litigation Legal Assistant will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare cases for litigation ensuring all evidence, statements and summons are properly prepared and served.
- Liaise closely with court officers.
- Carry a caseload of debt recovery, possession proceedings and disrepair matters.
- Prepare conveyancing documents for completion and ensure all background and draft documents are properly prepared and served.
- Instruct counsel for the presentation of cases in court, appeals, inquiries, tribunals, and other hearings.
- Support the lawyers within the team as well as assist and cover colleague’s work.
Candidates must have previous experience working within a litigation department as a paralegal. Local government experience would be highly advantageous.
Candidates must be available on no more than 4 weeks’ notice. This is a hybrid working role and will require presence in the office on a weekly basis.