Commercial/ IT Solicitor
- BCL Legal
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- £54000 - £64000 per annum
- 23 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Declan Young
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Intellectual Property
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Commercial Solicitor | 4+ PQE | National Firm | Leeds
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial offering in Leeds with the addition of a Senior Commercial Solicitor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial Solicitor within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients including private clients but with a particular focus on IT and the public and health sectors. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis.
As a senior Solicitor within the team, based in the Leeds office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work. Your responsibilities will include:
* Advising on the procurement, licensing and supply of tech products and services to a wide range of public and private sector clients.
* Advising on high-value, long-term projects for the likes of NHS bodies, local authorities and central government agencies, as well as private sector companies.
* Advising on outsourcing, IT infrastructure and support service agreements on projects as varied as electronic patient records and European grant funding systems.
* Supporting on intellectual property and data privacy matters.
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Commercial Solicitor will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with 4+ years' post qualification experience.
* Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the the public sector).
* Have general commercial contracts experience but also experience of drafting IT contracts and preferably experience of advising on non-contentious intellectual property matters including brand strategies, licensing and exploitation.
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
* Have a real passion for technology law.
* Good client and project management skills.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with a strong package including:
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive suite of benefits.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Flexible/hybrid working.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial Solicitor opportunity, please contact us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.