Corporate Professional Support Lawyer
Corporate Professional Support Lawyer | City of London | Negotiable Salary
A rare opening within a highly sought-after, prestigious law firm for a new Corporate Professional Support Lawyer to join their ranks; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career in the Corporate sector, working with and learning from the best.
This position is an integral part of the Corporate team for a passionate and skilled knowledge lawyer, supporting and directing the team to:
- Produce and deliver high-quality knowledge content for the team, enabling fee earners to deliver a first-class service to clients with accuracy, speed and confidence.
- Identify areas for service delivery improvement as a result of changes in the law, technology and best practice.
- Manage the library of precedents and sample clauses, including updating and rationalising the content, identifying gaps and creating new documents.
- Assist in the preparation of knowledge-led business development material, including market intelligence around M&A and PE, identifying trends, and targets arising therefrom.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and pitches to clients and prospective clients.
- Oversee and direct a comprehensive training programme.
The Ideal Candidate:
- To succeed in this Corporate Professional Support Lawyer role you must be passionate about company law and the promotion of best practices within this sphere.
- You should promote innovative ways to best serve our clients and support our fee earners.
Working collaboratively with the existing Corporate team and in conjunction with knowledge lawyers beyond the team to:
- Keep the team informed about legal and market issues as they arise;
- Design and support delivery of technical Corporate training programmes;
- Deal with technical queries from the team;
- Communicate and implement training with new areas of law and professional practice;
- Attend external training and conferences to keep up-to-date with relevant developments in the law, business environment and professional support;
- Maintain, develop and update our existing collection of knowledge resources, which include particular standard forms and accompanying drafting notes, best practices and how-to legal memos, a library of precedent documents from transactions and other materials useful to the team;
- Write or assist with articles for publication and generally enhance the firms reputation in the market;
- Support industry working groups and consultation responses; and
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge, information and best practice.
Experience and Qualities:
The successful candidate will be recognised as a technical expert on company law and will display a genuine enthusiasm for the development of the practice area. The following qualities are desirable:
- A track record of delivering improvements in knowledge management;
- Excellent drafting and research skills;
- The ability to present complex concepts in an accessible way for clients; and
- A proactive and collaborative team member with a professional, user focused approach.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Corporate Professional Support Lawyer position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.