Legal Counsel - In House- FTSE 250 (EMEA/India)
- Clifton Search
- Excellent Salary plus car plus extensive benefits package
- 25 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for the provision of non-contentious commercial legal advice in order to support the operating divisions and group business functions of this group of companies.
This role is based at the head office consisting of an established legal and company secretarial function.
This is a vibrant and dynamic department supported by some highly experience lawyers with expertise across a number of different sectors.
This is an opportunity to learn from the best in a role offering huge development potential and variety.
Some of the main responsibilities will include;
- Advise and deliver commercially focused legal advice in a pro-active and timely manner to all business units and group business functions of the group
- Assist business units and group business functions in concluding a wide range of legal agreements, by advising, drafting and negotiating, including supply of services agreements; purchase of goods and services agreements; non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and exclusivity agreements etc
- Advise divisional bid management teams in connection with tenders for provision of waste related services in the public and private sectors
- Support corporate finance, business units and group business functions with mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
- Assist with activities relating to compliance matters including but not limited to Data Protection, Competition, Anti Bribery & Corruption and Modern Slavery
- Support the group legal function with concluding transactions and managing the storage and distribution of deeds and documents with surveyors and external legal advisers
- Manage and resolve disputes and third party claims made by or against the group
- Assist with corporate legal matters e.g. reorganisations, board minutes and corporate governance requirements for the group
- Lead or assist in Legal Services initiatives such as the development of systems, standard documents, policies and procedures and related training
- Instruct, liaise with and manage external legal advisors
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales with 3-7 PQE
- In house experience is essential whether as a paralegal, trainee, fully qualified lawyer or on secondment
- Strong across commercial and corporate legal disciplines
- Good team player and able to work autonomously
- Proactive with a customer service focus and strong business partnership orientation
- Ability to communicate complex legal concepts articulately in plain, simple and easily understood language
- Confident advising stakeholders at all levels and handling difficult conversations with suppliers regarding costs and timeframes.
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solution