Commercial Lawyer- In-House- Consumer (4 or 5 Days)
- Clifton Search
- Excellent Salary plus Benefits
- 25 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, FMCG / Retail
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Commercial In House Lawyer 3+ pqe
An unusual and highly commercial opportunity to join the in house legal team delivering high value advice to a range of clients within the Consumer sector.
You will have ownership of projects and work hand in hand with sales teams from inception.
This is a new role due to the continued high growth across the business.
You will work closely with the senior board members and project managers who require commercial legal input throughout the project life-cycle.
The legal team here play a major part in every facet of the business. They are involved from day one which is very much in keeping with the highly inclusive and team focused environment.
This is a business that has based its success on innovation and people. The value placed on its people is huge.
The organisation has a rich history in working with household Consumer brand name clients solving complex and seemingly insurmountable challenges.
As a UK Qualified Lawyer (3+pqe anticipated) you will have access to a variety and complexity of work while receiving some of the best in house training and support available.
You will be supported by an established team of experienced lawyers who will be able to guide and shape your experience. This role will report into the Head of Legal for Consumer and interacts with a wide range of well know Retail brands.
Some of the main responsibilities;
This is a hands on general commercial role. The legal team have wide responsibilities with a focus on commercial contracts.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the wider senior management team on a wide range of matters which will comprise;
- Supply Contracts Trademarks and IP Public Procurement Employment law and contracts Software licenses and IT contracts
Additionally, there is scope for the role to cover important quasi-legal and non-legal areas including;
- Proactive project management of all aspects of client contracts from start to finish Preparing and project managing tender frameworks and responses for public and private sector clients Running procurement programmes as well as involvement in many internal improvement projects.
Your commercial approach to problem solving will be as highly valued as your legal background. We would emphasise the key criteria - a commercial approach above specific criteria listed in this role profile.
- strong knowledge of contract law
- Good experience of drafting and negotiating contracts
- commercial negotiation
- Organisational ability and multi-tasking
- Self motivated Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
- Sense of humour
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister 5+pqe
- Ability to fit into a fun and sociable environment
The prospects for career development and personal development are significant. Future possibilities to move into different roles within the legal function as the business continues to grow rapidly, as well as other operational functions across the whole of the business support team.
There will be a requirement for 1 day a week in the office.
We are open to both 4 or 5 days part or full time- Highly flexible.