RTA Paralegal / Litigation Executive
- England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
- £20000 - £29000 per annum + benefits
- 25 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Insurance, Litigation, Personal Injury
- Contract Type
- Full Time
RTA Paralegal or Litigation Executive | Manchester (UK), Hybrid Working | £20000 - £29,000 per annum
A rare opening within a highly sought-after, prestigious global law firm for a new RTA Paralegal / Litigation Executive to join their ranks. The fast-track RTA team of this leading global firm is looking for a talented Paralegal or Litigation Executive to strengthen one of its key motor teams.
Working for a range of top insurer clients, you will develop your fee-earning capabilities as well as hone your client relationship skills. The role also offers an excellent pathway to nurture your career with progress to Team Leading opportunities and beyond.
- Job title: Paralegal / Litigation Executive
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: to £29,000 (DOE)
- Reporting to: Legal Director
- Working pattern: Hybrid - 2 to 3 days working from home per week
Conducting a quality caseload of litigated defendant RTA files for top insurers, the new RTA Paralegal / Litigation Executive will further develop their skills as a defendant RTA fee earner. In particular, the position will involve:
- Managing a caseload of around 65 litigated files in accordance with client SLAs.
- Dealing with each case including all procedural elements of the file (including drafting all pleadings and witness statements etc) from the issue through to trial.
- Valuing the personal injury element of a given matter using JC Guidelines as well as case law.
- Assessing any claims for special damages.
- Negotiating settlement.
- conducting advocacy via telephone.
- Attending conferences with counsel.
The team only handle quality-litigated work from the UK's leading insurance companies. The team provides high-quality service and colleagues at all levels are encouraged to hone and develop their careers with many opportunities to do so whether through handling more complex work or progressing to Team Leading or other operational positions and beyond. In particular, the hiring managers are looking for:
- Prior litigated experience (claimant or defendant). Ideally fast track though small claims will be considered.
- Sound academic record - ideally a 2 at degree level and a 'pass' or above on the LPC
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- A real focus on client care
Why you should apply
This is a brilliant training ground in which to 'cut your teeth' in quality litigated work with a view to progressing your career. This team is seen as a springboard into other teams which handle complex injury work as well as other disciplines within the firm. As well as an attractive salary, candidates are offered a suite of benefits. The new Manchester office is state-of-the-art offering a fantastic culture in which to work with all the benefits of hybrid working.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this RTA Paralegal / Litigation Executive position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.