Head of Risk and Compliance
- Jameson Legal.
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- £80000 - £100000 per annum
- 25 Jan 2023
- 31 Jan 2023
- Jameson Legal
- Job Title
- Risk and Compliance
- Practice Area
- Compliance, Data Protection, Fraud & White Collar Crime
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An incredible opportunity within a top UK law firm has arisen due to fast paced developments within the firms Risk and Compliance department. They are seeking a strategic thinker that can enter the business, head the department, and implement continuous developments into the firm, based in their Leeds office.
You will be working closely with the Managing Partner and Board, taking responsibility to write and lead the delivery of the firms Risk & Compliance strategies. Therefore, expert knowledge of business continuity, internal audit and risk management is necessary. A key part of this role is to contribute to the firm's strategy, by guiding the firm through growth plans on a regular basis.
- Drive the evolution of the firm's Risk & Compliance frameworks. Working closely with stakeholders to ensure organisational policies to reduce the risk of bribery, ensure GDPR and prevent modern slavery are in place and effective.
- Manage the risk and compliance team.
- Actively review business processes and procedures with a focus on quality, continuous improvement, and the delivery of excellent client service.
- Maintain the firms Lexcel accreditation, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve this.
- Ensuring maintenance of their Lexcel manual to drive consistency across the firm.
- Develop frameworks for internal audit that can assure the quality of internal compliance standards. These audits should be effective in identifying gaps in policy and enable you to recommend improvements where necessary.
- Negotiate and agree supplier contracts and oversee the firm's supplier management process.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders (regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) as required.
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to demonstrate a strategic approach to risk management and a willingness to challenge the status quo and be able to effect change.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified manner.
- Experience within a Lexcel accredited firm
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and a self-starting approach.
- Academic ability to interpret rules and regulations, coupled with a practical and common-sense approach to their application in the firm.
- Qualified solicitor (ideally)
- Professional qualification in Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit (ICA, IRM, IIA etc) is preferred but not essential.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles we are handling, please contact Solomon Cairns.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit