Legal Counsel - Real Estate
- JMC Legal
- England, London
- £60000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
- 27 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Sean Nicholson
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Property, Company / Commercial
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This highly entrepreneurial business is a fast-growing Private Equity business that focuses on investing in the Real Estate, Aviation & Leisure sectors. They have a vast, growing number of assets, including many hotels they own.
This role will place you at the forefront of the business, dealing with a wide variety of work you will be at the forefront of exciting deals. So for an ambitious candidate wanting to progress with no glass ceilings, this could be your next role.
This company is a hotel, real estate, aviation and private equity-owned family business focusing on asset management and value accretive opportunities. This company is exceptionally entrepreneurial. Its vision and growth are extremely impressive.
The business owners also own many other very interesting businesses that align nicely with this company.
You will find an open-door policy and a highly amicable team. As this is an in-house role, it comes with no billable hours working as part of an innovative organisation.
You will find a very modern, forward-thinking, creative and responsive team. They make decisions quickly, and quite often, their deals are fast-paced. Their deal sizes vary from £10-150million+. This variety makes for an exciting workload.
They have a growing number of franchise hotels across most key Cities in the UK; just recently, construction was completed on their new London-based hotel. This construction was extraordinarily innovative and now stands as one of London's most premium hotels.
They work collaboratively from their West End office, near the Edgeware Road underground station.
The company is seeking to hire a Legal Counsel primarily experienced in Real Estate.
The role would be ideal for someone who has, on top of their Real Estate focus, has ideally also had exposure to Corporate/Commercial matters. This is due to the nature of the work (see below).
It is an excellent opportunity to join this growing innovative company based in the heart of the West End.
- You will assist in giving transactional support, supporting a wide range of real estate transactions from corporate real estate acquisitions and disposals to asset-led acquisitions, assisting with senior debt facilities, forward funding arrangements and the negotiation of occupational agreements such as agreement for leases.
- You will be managing the day-to-day transactional processes such as co-ordination and response to multiple due diligence streams, giving instruction where appropriate to external counsel in relation to the negotiation of transaction documents, summarising deal status and reporting to the wider team and managing external stakeholder relationships such as trustees, insurers, occupiers, funders and tenants.
- Assisting, as required, with the appraisal of new assets, including supporting the acquisitions team with underwriting legal costs and performing due diligence on assets before instructing external counsel.
- Providing legal support during the development life cycle of an asset, including supporting colleagues with the negotiation of development agreements such as build contracts, agreements for lease and Section 106 Agreements and understanding the implications of stakeholder requirements and the interaction with other transaction documentation.
- You need to be a qualified Solicitor NQ-2 years PQE
- You will be personable and communicate very well.
- You will work well in a team.
- A positive attitude and outlook are essential.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
- Private healthcare insurance (once probation is completed)
- The ability to benefit from fantastic hotel discounts worldwide.
This is an exciting Legal Counsel role with a fast-growing Private Equity business based in the heart of London's West End.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to give Sean Nicholson at JMC Legal Recruitment a call for a confidential conversation.