- Jameson Legal.
- England, London, City of London
- £115000 - £140000 per annum
- 27 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Jameson Legal
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Restructuring Lawyer | City of London | £115,000 - £140,000 per annum
Join a major global law firm with an established and longstanding reputation in the UK, as their new Restructuring Lawyer; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their legal career in the Insolvency sector, working with and learning from the best.
Their highly-rated Restructuring & Insolvency team advises a broad spectrum of clients on market-leading national and international restructuring and insolvency mandates and other "special situations".
Their advice is pragmatic and business-focused, and they have the technical skills and expertise to help achieve the best possible outcome when their clients get into financial difficulties.
Clients include retail banks, investment banks, listed and privately-owned companies, distressed debt funds, financial advisors, pension scheme trustees, insolvency office-holders, regulatory bodies, turnaround specialists and boards of directors.
The team now has an opportunity for an able and ambitious mid-level Associate to join them.
In this non-contentious role, you would be exposed to all aspects of financial restructuring and special situations, including:
- financial restructuring (acting for debtors and creditors);
- formal insolvency and schemes of arrangement; and
- distressed investing (including loan sales and acquisitions as well as business acquisitions and work-outs).
Many of the team's mandates are cross-border.
In order to be successful in your application, you will be a qualified lawyer, preferably with experience from and currently at a respected City firm, or overseas equivalent. You will mostly likely have:
- Three years' post-qualification experience.
- Experience of both financial restructuring transactions and non-contentious formal insolvency matters, both domestic and multi-jurisdictional.
- A good understanding of typical financing structures and an ability to analyse them from a restructuring/contingency planning perspective.
- The ability to operate autonomously and crucially as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bags of enthusiasm.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this Restructuring Lawyer position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.