Sustainable Energy Legal Counsel – London/Leeds
- McKenzie Douglas Limited
- London & Yorkshire
- 30 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Energy, Project Finance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
McKenzie Douglas are representing a major global organisation, they are well established and well respected within the industry
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting agreements and conducting contract negotiations with project counterparties including development, construction, O&M, financing, offtake, joint venture and facilities management services agreements for customer and the businesses owned assets.
- Supporting on commercial and contractual matters for tenders, projects, variations etc
- Assisting on the governance of transactions at local and group level.
We are looking for:
- Qualified Solicitor – 3+ PQE*
- You must have an understanding of the contractual framework surrounding energy projects, including renewables, urban energy heating & cooling and electric vehicle charging within the UK energy market.
- Experience of energy projects and public procurement preferred. Experience in or familiarity with hydrogen projects would be beneficial.
- Experience of facilities management outsourcing arrangements including public sector procurement framework arrangements is useful.
- Experience on the negotiation bespoke construction and O&M/facilities management agreements and agreements based on industry standard forms in particular the JCT suite of contracts, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE.
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ted Douglas. f the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.