In-House Legal Advisor – NQ or Paralegal
- McKenzie Douglas Limited
- Northern Home Counties & South East
- £Attractive Package
- 03 Feb 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Company / Commercial, Intellectual Property, Pharmaceuticals
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Exciting opportunity for a junior lawyer or experienced paralegal to develop their career with a dynamic and innovative pharmaceuticals business at the forefront of technological development. They are a global organisation developing and marketing a broad range of medicines.
A new vacancy has been created for a Legal Adviser to work as part of a global legal and compliance team advising the business across the UK and wider EMEA regions.
- The role involves handling a large volume of contracts required across the business, mainly within the UK but with the opportunity to handle global work
- You will support with the review, amending and negotiating of general commercial contracts including manufacturing, regulation, services, supply, IP, data protection and procurement
- Advise the business on legal risks
- Advise on disputes and legal updates
- Maintain databases
We are looking for:
- A recently qualified solicitor, barrister or experienced paralegal with some commercial contracts experience who is keen to develop within a fast-paced, global group. Non-qualified solicitors could have the opportunity to undertake an inhouse training contract to qualify.
- You may have trained or gained experience with a well-regarded private practice, in-house or within the public sector
- You will be a self-starter, keen to learn from other lawyers within the team and develop your commercial legal skills quickly
- A bright, dynamic individual and strong communicator
- Ability to speak an additional language would be helpful but not essential
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Bonus to 15%
- Pension contribution
- Private family healthcare
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Hybrid working is on offer with a mix of office and home working
If you are interested in this Legal Advisor position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.