Inhouse Commercial Counsel
- England, Hampshire
- £45500 - £54600 per annum
- 06 Feb 2023
- 06 Mar 2023
- Natalie Ferguson
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Commercial Litigation
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Inhouse Commercial Counsel
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting on behalf of our NHS client for the position of Inhouse Commercial Counsel.
The postholder will act as the sole In-House Commercial Counsel within a team of lawyers of other legal specialties, supported by General Legal Counsel. The postholder will provide a professional and confidential business support function to multiple departments within the organisation, including the senior executive team
- Drafting, reviewing, advising on and approving a full range of commercial contracts covering a range of subject areas
- Leading on legal negotiations with third parties and their legal representatives in connection with commercial contracts, property and dispute issues
- Drafting, reviewing, advising on and approving a full range of commercial property transactional documents, including leases, licences, sale and purchase of land documentation and agreements
- Maintenance of contract and property databases
- Supporting contract management
- Advising on and assisting with the management of commercial disputes
- Advising the Data Protection Officer on queries relating to matters of data protection, data security and privacy; Advising on IP queries when they arise
- Drafting agreements and technical documentation to support the procurement process and advising on procurement matters
- Advising on commercial risk
- Continuously review and approve standard form agreements, legal policies and procedures
- Developing templates for use by the Legal team and more widely in the organisation
- Conducting legal training as required
- Contributing to various Legal team initiatives and projects
- Deputising for the General Legal Counsel when required
- Recommending appropriate courses of action to the General Legal Counsel on commercial issues
This is a full time, hybrid working role with the requirement to be office based one day per week.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with experience, knowledge and expertise in commercial contract and property law with demonstrable competence in managing and advising on commercial risk. This role would ideally suit a lawyer with at least 2 years PQE.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Inhouse Commercial Counsel please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester Office.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion due to the CV not matching the skill set required. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.