Legal Team Administrator
- Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
- London (City of)
- £22,500 per annum + benefits
- 22 Feb 2023
- 22 Mar 2023
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 600 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients.
Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
To establish and maintain an on-going service-based relationship with Group staff and translate their needs and expectations into a responsive administrative service.
In line with policies and procedures, key responsibilities include:
Administration and file management:
• Undertake large and small copying requests, liaising with Document Services as appropriate;
• Bind and finish copied work as appropriate;
• Scan work onto the document management system;
• Undertake file management requests;
• Handle and administer closed files as requested;
• Process archive retrieval requests;
• Distribute post;
• Liaise with Document Services to organise mail, couriers;
• Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system (InterAction);
• Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner;
• Assist with document production: minor amendments; merge documents; page numbering; insert bookmarks and hyperlinks; add headers/footers; convert documents to different formats; split files; create documents for electronic signature (DocuSign);
• Check invoices;
• Assist Marketing & Business Development with mailings (using Vuture).
Legal (as and when required):
• First pass document processing in large disclosure exercises;
• Prepare bundles for trial/arbitration;
• Create bibles;
• Copy-check documents for accuracy, including cross-referencing;
• Compare documents;
• Summarise key correspondence;
• Research: legal; contact details; companies;
• Obtain vessel reports;
• Enter costs estimates onto database;
• Track budget alerts;
• Translations (as appropriate).
• Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• Law degree or equivalent.
• Strong academics – 2:i at university and ideally BBB (minimum) at 'A' Level – or equivalent.
• Specialisation in maritime law.
• Some office-based experience, ideally within a law firm.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Time management - able to work to tight deadlines, ensuring a high standard of accuracy, prioritising work between internal clients.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions to any issues encountered, liaising with colleagues as necessary.
• Flexible and enthusiastic self starter.
• Able to work alone as well as within a team.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to retain high concentration levels for extended periods of time.
• Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
• Able to build confidence, respect and trust with others quickly.
• Flexible with regard to service to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
• Strong IT skills, including MS Office 2016 365.
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
Direct applicants only. (This role is not open to recruitment agencies). Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
HFW aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will be considered only on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website, in the section "What we collect and how we use it".