Business Immigration Lawyer
- Origin Legal
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- £excellent + benefits + bonus
- 15 Mar 2023
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client are a leading top 200 UK law firm, operating nationally and advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally. Throughout the firms history their ethos has remained simple: providing clear legal advice and value and insight to their clients.
They now wish to recruit an Immigration specialist to provide a wide range of immigration advice, dealing with both business and personal immigration matters. They do not advise on asylum cases. The successful candidate will cover all tiers of the Points Based System, all types of business visa, family visas, EEA related applications, indefinite leave to remain and naturalisation. With a broad diversity of corporate clients, in a variety of sectors,they advise on sponsor licencing, compliance and immigration strategy and enforcement matters and regularly deliver training to clients
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years PQE and will be someone looking to remain and progress within the department as a specialist immigration law advisor with substantive experience in both corporate and private client immigration and nationality matters. The candidate will be expected to be able to run simple Skilled Worker cases from end-to-end with minimal supervision and some experience of supporting private clients and HNWIs is an advantage. Strong legal drafting, high quality written communication and client care skills are imperative for our client focused service. The role will involve:
- Complete immigration application forms, including proof reading and check for accuracy.
- Identify and check supporting documents required.
- Draft letters of representations referring to the Immigration Rules and Home Office guidance and emails to clients and to the Home Office for supervisor review.
- Book biometric appointments for clients.
- Provide an initial response to telephone enquiries and discuss further with supervisor as appropriate.
- Take accurate notes of calls and meetings.
- Identify examples of good knowhow and assist senior fee earners with creating appropriate precedent documents.
- Carry out research.
- Remain alert to the constant changes in immigration law and practice and assist senior fee earners with drafting of regular updates, articles and training materials.
- Other duties as may from time to time be given.
Apply for Business Immigration Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly